Author Topic: ECU  (Read 2670 times)

spataro87

• View Profile
ECU
« on: May 08, 2013, 03:27:54 PM »
? for those who have been down this road.  Over last several months I have been gathering all my after market parts and was wondering if an after market ECU is necessary if you are doing adding the large capacity gas tank/air filters along with the stain tune silencers?  I also getting rid of all the EPA stuff and using crank case filter etc.  If so where have you mounted the and are power commanders a popular choice.  I remember back in the day reading some of this on the site but since forgotten what I read.  As always any help is much appreciated.  On my way to finalizing my dream bike.

Marc

cloner

• General Partner, Desert Desmo, LLC
  • Administrator
  • Former Owner 1501
    • View Profile
    • DesertDesmo.com
Re: ECU
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 03:15:32 PM »
I'd recommend a piggyback enhancer and a dyno tune in lieu of the aftermarket ECU.  The DP ecu is poorly set up, IMHO, and therefore doesn't work very well.  The worst running MHe I ever saw had this unit installed!

I prefer Bazzaz, but Dynojet's Power Commander series is much more popular.
1967 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS 250
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale ABS

80ojeck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:53:14 AM »
Interested in this also. I take it cloner, that you have Bazzaz fitted to your bike? I have Staintune fitted to mine along with K&N and it certainly does not run perfectly (only been running it for a week now). There are problems at steady throttle openings. Trying to determine whether this is the way it is or if there is indeed a fault in the fuel/ignition system. Accelerates lovely - only have problems at cruise settings. If you have Bazzaz fitted did they supply a base map for same? What is 'DP' as in DP ecu?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

spataro87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 06:20:45 PM »
DP=Ducati Performance.  You should have a custom map made this will ensure the bike responds best where you ride all the time.  Altitude, humidity, etc. play a role in tuning.  I ordered a Power Commander.

Marc

cloner

• General Partner, Desert Desmo, LLC
  • Administrator
  • Former Owner 1501
    • View Profile
    • DesertDesmo.com
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
I operate an independent Ducati service center, for what that's worth.  My MHe left when the new Panigale showed up.
1967 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS 250
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale ABS

BMWBill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 09:07:43 PM »
My bike has a Gauze K&N type filter, and a Staintune header and mufflers.  I tried the Ducati Performance ECU, then installed a Ducati Cup ECU.  I bought the EVR adjustable unit, but I never installed it.  I ended up selling it because the Ducati Cup unit did the job.  Some of the options discussed here are very interesting!