Author Topic: New Owner in Scottsdale, AZ  (Read 149 times)

L4V

• View Profile
New Owner in Scottsdale, AZ
« on: April 23, 2017, 01:52:53 PM »
I guess I ought to introduce myself...a new owner as of last week.
Found #302 on an obscure For Sale site by a Nevada Audi Dealership.  I've been looking for several years, off and on, depending on my mood.
Been seeing them on eBay over the years...I just don't like the bidding/auction deal.
Finally, there it was.
A consignment bike...I do not know the original owner.
9 miles, mint and not one scratch/flaw, and completely serviced by a local Ducati guru (Irish Mike's, in Henderson, Nevada).  New everything that wears or drys out...except tires.
I'm not terribly uncomfortable on the bike...I'm 5' 10".
I looked for some clip-on adapters to raise the bars...not enough info, etc.
So I pulled off the bars and swapped the clamps - left to right - now the bars are almost horizontal and it's far more comfortable to ride.
Not sure if I want to install the larger tank as I'm only riding around town, etc.  But relocating the batteries is appealing...we'll see.
Finally broke the code on the instrument cluster.  No tach, speedo, or odo.  I noticed the clock was sitting at 0:00, so I read how to set it and, Bingo, now I have a tach, speedo, and odo.  However, it won't respond to my demands to change from kph to mph.  It will not respond to any more demands.
Any ideas?
Anyway, that's pretty much my story - so far.
Ride safely, all.
Don R.
Scottsdale, AZ

A smooth sea never made a good sailor.

spataro87

• View Profile
Re: New Owner in Scottsdale, AZ
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 06:31:15 PM »
Welcome Don,

Don't lose faith in the web site it does not have much traffic but we do check in f
here and there I would join the Facebook page where there is abundant use and questions get answered much quicker congrats on your find and I hope you ride it and enjoy it!!!

Marc