Author Topic: X Bracket, etc  (Read 590 times)

korym

• View Profile
X Bracket, etc
« on: June 10, 2016, 09:07:43 AM »
Hello.  I'm new.  I purchased #194 earlier this year.  This is my first post so please be kind.  I'm not sure if I was suppossed to respond to a post or start a new one.  I chose starting a new one because the old post related to X bracket was over 120 days old.

First of all, I love these bikes.  They are mesmorizing.  It seems like a new bike every time I look at it.  I had my first ride last weekend and really enjoyed it. 

Of course I'm concered about the X Bracket and would love to get a new one.  Please place me on the list.  I'm hoping that happens soon because I kind of like riding it and I'm nervous about the bracket.  Any tips on why they break would be helpful.

I'm also missing the chain guard.  I installed a carbon fiber one, but I would like an original if anyone ever stumbles across one.  It would be fun to have a Tshirt also.  I tried having one made locally but it's a unique and very large screen print.  My guy couldn't do it. 

Thanks for being a resource.  I've already learned a lot from you guys.

cloner

• General Partner, Desert Desmo, LLC
  • Administrator
  • Former Owner 1501
    • View Profile
    • DesertDesmo.com
Re: X Bracket, etc
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 03:19:33 PM »
David Purcell made the machined x-brackets, so you'll need to contact him directly to be added to a list.  He's near Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.

The chain guard, part number is 446.1.003.1A, is no longer available through Ducati.  That said, a quick online search showed a few dealers advertising availability at a cost of $11.11.  You might try digging around to see if any dealers have one NOS.

Good luck with your new (to you) MH900e! 
1967 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS 250
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale ABS