Author Topic: Hugger Bracket  (Read 1191 times)

DaveJB

• View Profile
Hugger Bracket
« on: December 31, 2015, 12:37:58 AM »
Hi,

Happy New Year to you all.

I need some help. I have just purchased a rear hugger from world of carbon here in the UK. Unfortunately they no longer provide the bracket so I am looking at getting one made or making myself. I have looked at images on the net and have an idea on the bracket mounting to the hugger but cannot find any pictures on how and where the bracket mounts to the swingarm.
Can anybody with one provide me with pictures and dimensions?

Really would appreciate it.

Thanks

Dave

lordmoonpie

• View Profile
Re: Hugger Bracket
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 01:15:34 PM »
Hi Dave, I arranged the hugger with world of qb and they used my bike to create it. The problem is that the metal frames were made by Spondon engineering for qb and I understand that they were bought by Stuart Garner who owns Norton to gain property and then Spondon went out of business which is a massive loss to all of custom Bike building. if I recall correctly the bracket was a cantilever affair. It fixed to the middle of the hugger with a simple two bolt diamond plate about 30mm long to which was welded the half hoop which was identical diameter to the standard front mudguard hoop to give front to back continuity. This dropped down to the swing arm and ended in another plate that simply screwed to the mounting holes for the chain guard. You just had to use longer bolts but no modifications were required to the bike. If you manage to find someone to make you one of the same design, I would also like one so it might bring the cost down a bit if you'd consider me coming in with you? If you don't have a fabricator in mind, I know a great guy in Northampton although he'd probably need a bike to make it perfect but perfect it would be!

DaveJB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:18:11 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for the information. Yes Spondon going out of business was a great shame. The Hugger I received is great quality. I have a friend who owns Rolling Art Motorcycles near Swindon. He has made some parts for my other bikes so I will ask him to Make the bracket and he can make two, one for you as well. It won't be for a couple of months as I am in Qatar at the moment and returning to the UK March time. I found my Mh900e here and shipped it back to the UK. I will keep you updated.
Dave

lordmoonpie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 01:22:57 PM »
Sounds perfect Dave thanks, put me down for one please. I have just bought an MH900e for the second time so March gives me time to save up lol! Keep me posted....cheers!

DaveJB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 04:07:34 AM »
Hi,

Hope it won't cost too much! Lol!

I have sent you a PM.

Dave

lordmoonpie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 12:20:25 PM »
Hi Dave,
I spoke to Ian yesterday at QB, he said that he is working with an ex employee of spondon and can get the brackets although it takes a long time for the guy to turn them around. I have asked how long it'd take if I ordered....no reply yet. If it's sensible timeframe it might be worth your while talking to him about yours? Can I be cheeky and ask, did you pay the price on the website for the hugger or did he reduce the price as the bracket was not included?

DaveJB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 01:35:10 PM »
Hi Simon,
That is good news. I didn't pay the full price. If the ex Spondon employee can make them, that would be great. I would love to get hold of the drawings!! I will try and get hold of Ian.

lordmoonpie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 10:04:05 AM »
No news from Ian so far I'm afraid Dave....all gone very quiet :-(

DaveJB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 01:01:39 AM »
No problem. I have been looking at a lot of pictures of the brackets and it looks relatively easy to make.