Author Topic: MH900e oem rear stand?  (Read 1992 times)

lordmoonpie

• View Profile
MH900e oem rear stand?
« on: December 24, 2015, 07:18:43 AM »
A bit of a long shot but does anyone have a spare or want to part with their oem rear stand for the mh900e? I'about to come back into the ownership fold and the new bike doesn't have a stand with it for some reason....any suggestions gratefully received.  8)

lordmoonpie

• View Profile
Re: MH900e oem rear stand?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 01:38:12 PM »
Well if anyone wants a Ducati rear stand, they are still available from Ducati via your local dealer, they are about 220 GBP and can be ordered using part number 555.2.004.1CC.....I ordered mine today. ;)

DaveJB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 06:07:20 AM »
Yes,

Just found out that as well.

They also have the fork caps as well if you don't want the billet ones.

Part number 87210151AB Cost around 17 GBP each.

Dave

early vert

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 09:55:33 AM »
Thanks Lordmoonpie, I've just ordered mine.
Whilst we're sharing, there's a guy in the Netherlands selling DP air filters for 20 GBP each, and he's got 3 left.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Replacement-air-filter-performance-MHe900-/131681629090?
All I need now is.....
T shirt
Carbon Dream kit
DP belt covers
DP valve covers
Staintune headers
etc
etc
Any info gratefully received
Thanks
Keith
Any

lordmoonpie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 06:29:18 AM »
Hi Keith, good news well done! I'm working on some of these too but thinking out of the box on them as when the parts become available, they are getting to be silly silly prices. For example, clutch covers selling for 350 dollars on eBay? I copied the DP design and made my own last time for 35gbp and will do the same this time. The chances of finding the t-shirt for your numbered bike means you're looking for a single short worldwide. My original shirt was just a fruit of the loom screen printed shirt, I have the designs so am looking to reprint the shirt and obviously if we can get 10 people to have one it becomes viable, PLUS, you get to specify the size instead of the stock shirt that was too small (for me) to wear.
Valve covers similarly, silly money. But, they are just polished and clear lacquered standard 900ss/monster covers which are plentiful. I just bought a full set on eBay for about 35 gap which I'll strip, polish, have played and will spend about 70gbp total.
Carbon dream kit is unobtainable now unless you buy one of those seconds kits from Italy and then you have to spend hundreds of pounds and lots of time preparing fixing and making it half decent. I know, I did all that with the last one. I'm currently talking to QB carbon to see if they can use my bike as a pattern to make a new set so making them freely available to us all. They will want ten buyers to make it worthwhile for them so you and me makes two, just need eight more people!
Stain tune headers....why do you want staintune specifically is it because you have a staintune silencer? Termis were better options but again unavailable (know of one kit if you have 5000!). Why bother when you can get custom made titanium headers for sensible money from StradaFab in the USA?
Levers are still money again so I'm looking at having replicas made in regal for a fraction of the cost. The big problem is the belt covers, I can only think the best way to replicate them is to mill from billet, which I'm contemplating, again if we can get ten people to go in for a set it'll be as cheap as it can be.....
So I can help with some of these through a group buy if you're up for it? Let me know....I'll pursue all of these myself for my own ends but the more the merrier and cheaper too! :)

Oh btw - if you are still on a standard X bracket, we need ten people to go for a super duper machined replacement to make that happen and you can get it engraved with your machine number and the Mh logo too, they are beautiful. I'll post separately about that. ;)

80ojeck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 12:31:15 PM »
A plus 1 for the X-bracket. I take it you have seen them and if so I don't suppose you have a photie.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

lordmoonpie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 02:50:16 PM »
Sure yes I have pictures of my X bracket and you won't be disappointed they are beautiful work and one solid piece, no welds. I'll post tomorrow when I can access the file...that's one person, nine to go! C'mon guys, don't be shy, it's a good investment to preserve the original weak part...

spataro87

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 06:18:32 AM »
Simon,

I am in for belt covers, I have been trying to find someone in the US to replicate them, do you mind (doing) or can I post this on the Ducati MH900e owners page on Face book I think we can get 10 plus riders easily.

Thank you,
Marc

spataro87

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 06:21:39 AM »
Also in for a T-shirt as well size Large.  Marc

early vert

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 07:46:19 AM »
Great, brilliant info, thanks, I'm in for
X bracket
Belt covers
T shirt (small)
Carbon Dream
Thanks
Keith

lordmoonpie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 12:22:47 PM »
Simon,

I am in for belt covers, I have been trying to find someone in the US to replicate them, do you mind (doing) or can I post this on the Ducati MH900e owners page on Face book I think we can get 10 plus riders easily.

Thank you,
Marc
lol I didn't know there was a Facebook page for mh900es! Let me heck it out.... ;)

DucatMH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 08:11:36 PM »
You can put me down for the belt covers.
2001 MH900e #160
2006 PS1000 LE
2013 Diavel AMG #0037
2013 1199S Track Bike

lordmoonpie

• View Profile
belt covers
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 11:06:18 AM »
Project belt cover is go, my plastic covers have been sent off and the machine shop islooking to machine a set to replicate the DP covers out of solid billet. No idea on doability or cost just yet but it's underway! Also the fork tops are being reproduced in ergal so they can be replaced and i can get rid of fhe flaky plating of the originals.
Next month, brake calipers off to overhaul and refinish them as the oem black finish is not corrosion resistant and they look a bit tatty!

early vert

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 09:39:01 AM »
Good work Simon, I'm definitely in for belt covers
Keith