Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1122 times)

DaveJB

• View Profile
« on: October 01, 2014, 05:31:16 AM »
Hi All,

Just thought I would introduce myself as a new owner of MH900e  number 590. Always wanted one of these and now found one in Qatar, where I work, and this will be shipped back to the UK with me. Got all the bits as well cover, 2 keys, Plaque, Paddock stand, Boxed T-shirt, toolkit etc. She has got around 4000kms on the clock. Also fitted with Termignoni exhausts, The catalogue clutch cover,  Open belt covers. Ohlins rear shock plus a load of bite and pieces. I went and broke the rear left indicator and have now ordered a set from Germany, but found in the box a set of the catalogue indicators. I also have the original exhausts and other parts.

Looking forward to chatting with you all on this forum.

Dave

DarenB68

• View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 10:17:06 AM »
Dave welcome. Its a rare bike and even a rarer biker that even bothers to join a forum and chat :) Its very evident that most of these bikes are zero miles and in collections, because unfortunately you don't get many dialogues going on these, as much as you would expect. Anyhow this forum gets very little traffic, and if you haven't already, join Ducati.ms, and you might get more activity in the Sport Classic section. The bike sounds like its really tricked out, and those Termis are as rare as hens teeth. Mine is 100% stock but I would like to eventually get Ohlins on it. Congrats, and never, ever sell it :)

DaveJB

• View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 12:29:43 AM »
Hi Daren.
Thanks for the welcome. Yes it is a bit tricked out and I was very lucky to come across it. I even managed to repair the broken lug on the indicator using plumbing solvent, super glue, balsa wood and baking soda (I'm also an RC Jet modeller). This bike is a keeper. Had a 900ss in the past and regret selling that. I'm also a Triumph fan and have a Rocket 111, Thruxton 900SE, Sprint 955ST and a 1975 Trident T160V that I am restoring. My 21 year old daughter also rides and is after a Ducati Monster now after cutting her teeth on a Yamaha 600 Diversion. Your bike sound great especially in stock form. I will join Ducati.ms as well. Look forward to chatting with you. I will keep an eye out for some Termis for you.