Author Topic: Steering Damper Search  (Read 1658 times)

inkaporka

• View Profile
Steering Damper Search
« on: July 21, 2014, 11:32:31 AM »
Not sure why this topic has been locked?? I am still looking for a steering damper to make my bike complete, and rideable, with the OEM unit flogged out and not rebuildable.
Judging by the activity on this topic raised previosuly, it seems as if there are a few others out there with the same problem. Ohlins have quoted me (as well as others who have enquired) that they need 25 orders to make a run viable. Ohlins  to me would be a logical choice, as they are rebuildable unlike the OEM unit, they do make some universal models - thanks Jerry (Ohlins USA) for that info - but apparently they require some dicking around with brackets etc to be of any use. I would prefer keeping the bike as close to original as possible, so using the specified unit is my preferred option.

Having said all that I would like to float the idea of a group effort, as was admirably done with the X-bracket some time back, and put in an order for at least the minimum 25 units from Ohlins - surely there must be 25 of us bereft of a damper, or perhaps looking to upgrade from the OEM unit? Not sure yet how this would be managed, but it would be good to see if there is enough interest out there to make it fly, then we could take it from there.

Cheers all.
MH900e #980
2007 1098S, Red (sold :()
2011 Diavel Carbon
2013 HD Fat Bob

Gnasher

• View Profile
Re: Steering Damper Search
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 05:14:31 AM »
Count me in for an Ohlins steering damper (SD156) for my MHe, as I've tried everywhere for one without success.
Regards
Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 01:55:23 PM »
Hi all
I would like to be in, to get one Ohlins Steering Damper! Hope it will worke out well.

Regards
Sandro

DD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 11:42:00 PM »
Hi,

I asked this a while ago, only got 4 people, I'm definitely in.

DD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 11:46:03 PM »
Look under parts and accessories steering dampener saga.