Author Topic: For Original Carbon Dream Owners - Detailed Question -  (Read 1688 times)

DucatMH

• View Profile
For Original Carbon Dream Owners - Detailed Question -
« on: March 05, 2014, 04:09:17 PM »
Hey Guys,

I picked up a set of Carbon Dream Fairings from DucatiParts.it on ebay a while back.  They periodically put a set up of "raw" unfinished product on ebay.  When it arrived, it was pretty much as described, a few scratches definitely a RAW finish.  I was going to have them prepped and sanded locally but after looking at the body pieces and all the work needed, I felt like I really needed someone with good Carbon Fiber experience to fix.  Long story short, I found some guys out in California who I feel will be able to meet my standards.  The issue is the Decals, they will be able to fabricate replicas, but it is very hard to see the coloring of the lettering in images.  Can someone please confirm the coloring for me?  If you are willing and able, measurements would be awesome as well. (Height/width of lettering, spacing between characters, etc)

Tail section:
"Ducati" color?
"Performance" color?
"by Carbon Dream" color?

Tank/Nose:
"Ducati" color?
"Performance" color

there was another gentleman who offered to help out on the decals, but since the place I am working with is a "one-stop" shop, I won't be able to utilize the other forum member (sorry Lordmoonpie, I do appreciate your willingness to help!).

If anyone can provide the details of the color combo from an Official Carbon Dream Kit, it would be greatly appreciated!!  Measurements would simply be a bonus.

Thanks!
2001 MH900e #160
2006 PS1000 LE
2013 Diavel AMG #0037
2013 1199S Track Bike

Agustel

• View Profile
Re: For Original Carbon Dream Owners - Detailed Question -
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 01:09:45 PM »
I bought the same set as you but I have not tried to change it into a perfect quality. I have painted in original, with the original decals. Now I have a superlight version. However, I still have a high gloss finish Set in Carbon and in perfect quality on stock. This this will become a Carbon Dream version. The decals surfaces are in the same color as the original (silver). The Scripture "by Ducati Performance carbon Dream" is white.
#1561 MH900e
#1732 MH900e
Sport1000
MV F41000S 1+1
350 Narrowcase Corse

DucatMH

• View Profile
Re: For Original Carbon Dream Owners - Detailed Question -
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:36:52 PM »
Thanks!  That is very helpful.  I'll let everyone know how the finished product turns out.
2001 MH900e #160
2006 PS1000 LE
2013 Diavel AMG #0037
2013 1199S Track Bike